Thursday, November 17, 2011

Video Teaching Mini Lesson

Jeremy and I created a puppet show on one of Piaget's four stages of development, concrete operational. We were able to teach this stage any way we wanted to, but felt that a puppet show would be the most entertaining. Performing the show was nerve wrecking, and fun at the same time. The last time I performed a puppet show was probably early elementary school. Click here for video.

The hardest part for me was uploading the video. It took me several attempts to upload it online. I finally decided that maybe my internet was too slow. I went to work the next day and attempted to upload the video on Vimeo. It worked instantly. Now I know to upload all my videos at work :)

Overall it was a stressful but fun experience. I think it was worth it and plan on creating future short videos, maybe puppet shows. This would be a great idea to do with the students, when they are presenting projects, especially with the various privacy options.

Concrete Operational Stage from Jennifer Becerril on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome puppet show! Enjoyed it thoroughly.
    Usually the uploads go more quickly at home, but happy it worked for you at school. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete